OList in Brief
OList is a communication network for Objectivists and fans of Ayn Rand. It features thirteen specialized e-mail lists.
OList is owned and managed by Diana Hsieh of Philosophy in Action, with the help of a fabulous slew of volunteers. Diana can be can be reached via e-mail to email@example.com. She is on Twitter at @DianaHsieh and on Facebook at DianaMertzHsieh.
OList Mailing Lists
OList hosts thirteen specialized e-mail lists. They are for friendly discussion and sharing of information among advocates of Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism. These lists focus on common interests. They aim to serve our real-life values, not to foster ivory-tower or acrimonious debate. Some lists are limited to Objectivists, while others welcome non-Objectivist lurkers.
- OActivists: OActivists is an e-mail list for Objectivists committed to fostering positive cultural and political change. Its purpose is to encourage and assist effective advocacy of Objectivist ideas in non-Objectivist forums by facilitating communication between Objectivist activists. Membership is limited to Objectivist activists.
- OLeaders: OLeaders is an e-mail list for the leaders and helpers of Objectivist organizations, particularly community groups and campus clubs. Its purpose is to facilitate the exchange of ideas about the effective creation, management, expansion, and promotion of Objectivist organizations and their events, as well as communicate announcements of likely interest. Membership is limited to Objectivists.
- OBloggers: OBloggers is an e-mail list for Objectivist bloggers. Its purpose is to facilitate communication relevant to blogging, such as upcoming events, blogworthy links, posts of interest, blog promotion, and best blogging practices. Membership is limited to Objectivist bloggers.
- OGrownups: OGrownups is an e-mail list for for Objectivists and others interested in raising and educating children well. Its purpose is to facilitate discussion amongst Objectivists about child development, discipline techniques, education methods, parenting resources, and more. Non-Objectivist lurkers are welcome.
- OEvolve: OEvolve is an e-mail list for Objectivists and others interested in the proper application of evolutionary principles to diet, fitness, and health. Its purpose is to facilitate discussion about the practical sciences of cooking, nutrition, fitness, health, and more. Non-Objectivist lurkers are welcome.
- OProducers: OProducers is an e-mail list for Objectivists and others committed to improving their habits of productivity in their careers, projects, and other pursuits. Its purpose is to facilitate discussion about practical methods for better management of time, projects, money, people, and other resources. Non-Objectivist lurkers are welcome.
- OGeeks: OGeeks is an e-mail list for Objectivists and others interested in geeky topics like science, computing, engineering, mathematics, and technology. Its purpose is to facilitate discussion and sharing among Objectivists about all things geeky, such as best practices in programming, software reviews, scientific discoveries, educational resources, logic puzzles, technology trends, and geek comics. Non-Objectivist lurkers are welcome.
- OHomos: OHomos is an mailing list for for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) Objectivists and others interested in the the proper application of reason, egoism, and rights to matters of mutual interest. Its purpose is to facilitate friendly discussion amongst GLBT Objectivists about dating, sexual health, social events, and "gay rights." Non-Objectivist GLBTs and non-GLBT Objectivists are welcome as lurkers.
- OShooters: OShooters is an e-mail list for Objectivists and others enthused about firearms and committed to gun rights. Its purpose is to facilitate discussion about firearm models, shooting techniques, gun ranges, gun laws, and the like. Non-Objectivist lurkers are welcome.
- OGardeners: OGardeners is an e-mail list for Objectivists and others interested in gardening and landscaping. Its purpose is to facilitate discussion about the cultivation of flowers, vegetables, shrubs, and trees. Non-Objectivist lurkers are welcome.
- OCrafters: OCrafters is an e-mail list for Objectivists and others who engage in the production of crafts. Its purpose is to provide a forum for Objectivist crafters to ask each other questions, share useful advice and resources, and to brag about work in progress or completed. Non-Objectivist lurkers are welcome.
- OAcademics: OAcademics is an e-mail list for Objectivist academics to discuss teaching, research, coursework, dissertations, job prospects, publication, and all other aspects of life in (or after) academia. Membership is limited to Objectivist academics.
- OPeople: OPeople is an e-mail list for Objectivists and other OList subscribers to disseminate announcements about OList events, such as Movie Nights and Virtual Socials.
Please see each list's page for a full description of the list and its membership requirements.
You can see all the OList e-mail lists to which you are subscribed at groups.google.com, provided that you are logged in and subscribed via your Google Account. For further details about managing your OList subscriptions, please visit the OList List Mechanics.
OList Social Events
OList.com sponsors periodic social events for its subscribers. The OList Virtual Socials are of hour-long weekly online chats exclusively for OList subscribers. Tuesday's Chat starts at 6 pm PT / 7 pm MT / 8 pm CT / 9 pm ET. It often features a featured topic for conversation.
The OList Virtual Socials and other OList events are announced on OPeople. (To join these events, you must have the URL, login, and password for the OList chat.) For more information, visit OList Events and OList Calendar.
Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism is "a philosophy for living on earth." In the postscript to her epic novel Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand wrote:
My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.
For a summary of the principles of Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism, as well as suggestions for further reading, please visit the Objectivism.
OList Home | Webcasts | Events | Calendar | List Mechanics | About Objectivism
The OList.com web site and mailing lists are owned by Dr. Diana Hsieh of Philosophy in Action.
e-mail - web - blog - twitter - facebook